But…Here are some of my fantasy hopes for the world in 2017…
- For a new generous and compassionate attitude to be spread around by all to all…throughout the world. Let kindness and empathy be the norm, not the exception.
- A general aim of “DO NO HARM” Primum non nocere (the Latin phrase that means "first, do no harm" taught to health care professionals).
Do no harm to the environment.
- To ALL politicians – have a rethink! (about everything!)
- To Donald Trump - have a character transformation. And, for heaven’s sake, stop using Twitter as your means of communicating.
- Review the notion that money is king. Can we consider the true motives behind the accumulation of money; amounts of which are way beyond what is needed for a comfortable existence. What is that all about? Can we have a rethink - and a redistribution of riches?
- Curb consumerism. The pursuit of more and more of less and less value is a pointless and damaging activity.
- Rethink rampant capitalism and examine the effects is has had on more than half the world’s population. No need to be rid of it…just put a check on the greed factor.
- May everyone who wants employment have it. (One of the biggest and newest employment opportunities is in the sphere of wind turbine engineering and maintenance – what great news!)
- Care for the environment in every way possible…help rivers back to life, stop polluting the oceans. Any rubbish tossed carelessly is an affront to our land. Stop waging a war against nature. Environmentalists and ‘greenies’ are not ‘nutters’; they are the ones who understand that the natural world is what ultimately underpins all our endeavours. Watch out and care!
- Pay attention people! Take note of the intense weather happenings and rising sea levels and do everything to halt global warming/climate change. It is not ‘crap’, Tony Abbott!
- Consider the land that is Australia. A land that has been ravaged and pillaged by the white man for the past couple of hundred years. We’ve dug up gold, coal, silver, iron ore, copper, zinc, lead and uranium (gulp!) to the point of wanton vandalism. Almost more holes than country. The destruction is massive & it’s time to stop. Get Adani out of Queensland!
- Build smaller homes. Stop the obliteration of forests and countryside to make room for homes so big that there are rooms seldom used. Give children back freedom – and back yards.
- And, talking of children: value them. No more random baby making and discarding through lack of care. EVERY child is precious.
I could go on …and on…this is just the start.
In the meantime, for me and my personal aims, I can only reiterate:
Primum non nocere - and do my best.
Happy 2017 everyone!